Wednesday, October 05, 2005

And the award for husband of the year goes to....

My husband is a superstar.  I know I’ve mentioned this before but he really does take the cake!  Maeve and I left the house this morning at nine.  I didn’t have time for breakfast so I ate a banana in the car.  We went to the eye doctor, the spice shop, my former office, then to the doctor for Maeve’s baby wellness visit.  Our appointment was scheduled for 10:45.  We didn’t leave their office until ten past twelve!!  I knew that as soon as we got home Maeve would be starving for some lunch and then would likely want to be cuddled all afternoon after getting two wicked shots today and I probably wouldn’t have time for lunch.  I grabbed a bag of Combos and a 7up from the vending machine at the doctor and had my ‘lunch’ on the way home.  When we got home she ate and slept for 30 minutes during which time I did the breakfast dishes, threw in a load of laundry, and spent a few minutes with the dogs.  I thought she’d sleep the afternoon away but no.  She was super fussy and she spit up three or four times.  So by the time Zack got home she and I were both covered in stinky carrot barf and exhausted.  Zack changed his clothes, scooped her up, commanded me to read or take a nap or just be still, put her in her stroller and vowed that they would be back in no LESS than sixty minutes at which time HE would make dinner.  We’ll likely have frozen pizza or grilled cheese but who gives a shit!?!?!?  He is the BEST!!!  

By the way, if I believed in heaven or hell, I would be convinced that Sylvia Brown is the devil incarnate.  She’s creepy.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home